Register for our free online webinars to discover how the Personal Skills Programme can play a key role in supporting your plans for delivering character education despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
SLQ will be hosting a series of free online events looking at why character development is important and exploring SLQ's Personal Skills Programme.
This whole school programme looks at providing resources and support needed to help pupils develop their personal skills and progress in developing character, building resilience to challenges.
Returning to school after the disruptions of the Covid-19 crisis is going to be difficult for students and the development of pupils’ personal skills is going to be more important than ever to help them cope and settle into a ‘normal’ routine.
The event will include a Case study from a school delivering the new personal skills programme across a year group.
There will be five key aims of each event -
- Understanding the impact of Coronavirus on young people and exploring ways to minimise this impact
- Define and understand why character is important in schools
- How the personal skills programme helps support delivery of character development and building of resilience in students
- Look at the impact of delivering character development in one of our pioneer schools
- Look at amendments to the programme in light of social distancing and time constraints on curriculum
The free online events will be held on a number of dates throughout the autumn term, see dates and links to register below: -